Portugal

by - May 11, 2017

I spent like two days in Lisbon (Portugal). It was one of my usual quick business trips. A crazy jump and short impression which makes me think a few days after: was it true or I just had dream?

Portugal

I had prejudices. I imagined Lisbon like Athen or Naples. Nice, nice, sunny and historical but let’s be honest it's dirty, messy and untidy. That's what I expected from Lisbon, too.

Portugal

But Lisbon has surprised me. It's a very nice, tidy city. Yes, my first impression was that its a very clean place. Not like those German sterile "do not touch anything" places. Narrow streets, little one- eyed tramways, several cafés.

Portugal

I felt so bad that I had only a few hours to look around. To my melancholic mood that city was perfect. To sit in a Café watching the people and life around. The colorful buildings the real blue sky with the white clouds. And Lisbon is not as crowded (yet) as for example, Prague is. No flows of tourists, you have your own place. I am sure I will be back there. Not alone. This place is the best for dates, every stone is romantic in Portugal.

Portugal

Even in the countryside those single churches, monasteries, the white painted family houses are like paintings became real.

Portugal

So now I promise to myself…to take my wife to Lisbon. I will invite her to a Café or rather to a cozy restaurant and it will be like inviting her to the world to the atmosphere which is so often in my mind.

Portugal

You May Also Like

1 comments